If you are starting a new website/blog and want people to get excited about it, then you need a plugin that teases your visitors and collects their email addresses, or one that makes them wait while you are doing things in the background.
The best way to do that is by using an under construction or maintenance mode WordPress Plugin.
There are a handful number of such plugins available in the market. To make things easier for you, I’ve compiled a list of the 7 best Under Construction & Maintenance Mode WordPress Plugins.
- Under Construction Page – a dedicated plugin for creating under-construction pages only.
- SeedProd – a landing page builder plugin that specializes in creating coming soon and maintenance pages.
- WP Maintenance Mode – a free plugin for putting your website in maintenance mode.
- Elementor – the #1 page builder that comes with a dedicated maintenance mode with coming soon page templates.
- Maintenance – another maintenance mode plugin for your WordPress site.
- Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – the name says it all.
- Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – a premium plugin for creating a coming soon page with a maintenance mode option.
Let’s dive into the details of these plugins.
Created by the team at Web Factory Ltd, the Under Construction page is one of the first plugins created specifically for under construction websites. It is a simple and easy-to-use plugin.
There is a free option that you could get on the WordPress plugins directory. Here are the features of the free version.
- Easily enable under construction mode with an on/off button.
- Set automatic end date & time so that everything returns to normal after that time.
- Set up Google Analytics with the page to track the number of visits and where they came from.
- 35+ themes are already available.
- The ability to add your own custom CSS to further customize any theme as you want.
- Easily add any type of content.
- Opt-in box and popup to collect leads easily while you are preparing your site.
- Social icons are available.
- Whitelisted users feature to help you enable some users to see the site instead of the maintenance page.
And there are more features you can get by using the premium plugin.
- You get access to beautiful coming soon pages that are not available otherwise, with 1 new theme coming up every week.
- 400k+ images to choose from.
- Complete support for the lifetime.
Things to know before using the plugin:
- You can get the pro plan for use on one site for a single payment of $69. And yes, you get lifetime support.
- For the ability to use it on unlimited sites as an agency and the Zapier integration, you get the agency license for $250.
- The free plugin is a beast in itself, and you can get going with it if you don’t need any of the other features or other designs.
The Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode is created by the team at SeedProd. There are 2 versions of the plugin available: the free one and the premium one.
It helps you create a simple coming soon or maintenance mode page on any WordPress theme, and it is responsive, so it appears well on most devices.
You get the ability to completely control how the site looks to visitors. You can also add custom CSS and HTML code to make it suit your needs.
You can use it on multiple sites.
But there is more you get with the pro version:
- Make it visible to non-logged users only.
- Have a secret link to give to anyone to display your site with the need to login.
- Integrated Google and Typekit fonts.
- Easily change the background as you want.
- Embed videos with a click of a button.
- Easily integrate with MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, Drip, and Constant Contact.
- Referral system available to entice people to promote your site (maybe reward the one who referred you the most people).
- Easily import or export the page to use it later on without the need for re-customization.
It is used by many of the top industry leaders like Chris Ducker.
There are different plans available to choose from:
- Basic version to use on 1 site and for $29 a year, but without the subscriber management features.
- Plus license for use on 3 sites and integration with many of the popular email autoresponders for $70 a year.
- Pro Licence for custom branding, countdown timer, Zapier integration and use on unlimited sites all for $100/year.
- Get the lifetime license for $240 to use on unlimited sites with lifetime support.
WP Maintenance Mode is a free plugin created by the team at DesignModo and available on the WordPress plugins directory.
You can flip the switch on the maintenance mode as soon as you activate the plugin, and users with the admin role can see the site. You can also set the rights for different roles as you want to.
It works with multi-site installs, each having its own settings.
You get other features like:
- Ability to add subscription form and export emails in a CSV file later.
- Countdown Timer.
- The contact form is available.
- Fully customizable: change anything you want like the background, the texts, or the colors.
- Add social media icons to build some buzz before your site is launched.
It is a simple and easy-to-use plugin. You can use it if you want to get started directly without much fuss.
Elementor is the best page builder with over 5 million+ active installations.
Many new blogs opt to go with this page builder, so if you plan to go with it or you are already using it, then no need for setting up any other plugin unless you need some of the specific features available in that plugin. Other than that, this plugin is more than enough to get your coming soon page.
They started supporting the coming soon feature in the V1.3 update. You can check this post for more about this news.
It is very simple to do so.
Create your page with their enticing page builder. When I say you have complete control over everything, I am not exaggerating with this tool. I really love it. After that, save the template.
Go to tools under Elementor, choose coming soon or maintenance and then choose the template you saved earlier and click save changes.
You can then assign access roles for people who can view the site life.
It is that simple.
And there are 9 free and pro themes to choose from so you don’t waste time setting up your theme. And of course, you can customize them using the builder later on.
It is available in the free version, but if you want complete control over how the page looks, then you should go with the pro version.
Here are the plans available:
- Personal for use on one site costs $49
- Business for use on 3 sites costs $99
- Unlimited for use on unlimited sites costs $199
I think it is worth the money because you have many uses for this plugin. It is essential for improving the user experience of visitors for your other pages and posts, not to mention that you could customize it as you want, so you need to check this plugin.
Maintenance is a free plugin created by the team at FruitfulCode and available for free download on the WordPress plugins directory.
It helps you easily close your site for maintenance, and then easily set the temporary authorization page via the setting section in the plugin. You can customize the page to include your logo, change the background image as you want, add the text you want, or change the color of things as you want.
You have access to more features like:
- The ability to blur the background.
- Google Analytics field to add the code.
- Exclude pages from the maintenance mode.
- Edit the HTML/CSS for complete control over design.
There is also the premium version that helps you get features like:
- Countdown timer setup.
- Set user permissions to make some users check the whole site instead of the maintenance page.
- Background gallery with an overlay
- Add background video from the gallery or from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Integration with MailChimp and Campaign Monitor and GetResponse.
You get access to all of this for just $26.
As the name suggests, it is a minimal, simple, easy-to-use plugin to help you get the maintenance mode enabled in no time. The Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin is available for free on the WordPress plugin directory.
You can easily connect it with the MailChimp API or use the mail opt-in integration to make it connect with other autoresponder services.
You have access to other features like:
- Easily drag-and-drop to arrange the position of the page elements.
- Support Cache plugins like the W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, Endurance Page Cache, SiteGround SuperCacher, WP Fastest Cache, and Swift Performance Cache.
- Support of GA to track visitors easily.
- Get support from inside the panel.
- Create your own custom login URL.
There are some other pro features available that you can get by purchasing the license like:
- 70+ themes are available to choose from.
- 26+ Instagram filters and 47+ content animation to have complete control over how your site appears and feel.
- 650k premium images included adding in the background if you want to.
- Analysis and preview tools available to make sure you can get your site ranked #1 in no time.
- Redirect to HTTPS version of the site easily.
- Secret link feature to give for clients to see your site as you are working on while it is in maintenance mode for the rest.
There are different options available for the pro version:
- You can get the pro version and pay yearly for $29 and 1-site license. This is perfect for launching your first site and not using it after that.
- Or you can get the pro version for a lifetime if you plan to use it later on on the same site.
- You can also get the agency unlimited license for $199 for lifetime use on unlimited personal or client sites.
The Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode plugin is created by an elite author and is available on the CodeCanyon marketplace. It has an average rating of 4.62 stars.
It helps you create a coming soon page with the ability to add a background image slideshow.
You have access to features like:
- Countdown timer.
- Social icons to add to make it easy to follow you on other platforms.
- Add opt-in forms to collect emails from users before launch.
- Supports iContact, MailChimp, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, Aweber, and MyMail.
- Ability to export emails and add them later to any autoresponder site.
It is very simple to get started with this plugin.
You can purchase the license for $19 with lifetime updates available and 6 months of support.
Conclusion: Which Under Construction & Maintenance Plugin to Choose?
Now, you know the top 7 plugins to use to create your own coming soon page/under construction page/maintenance mode.
If you are wondering which one to go to, here are the best based on my opinion.
If you already have the Elementor plugin, you could use it and do not need to add other plugins, unless you need any of the advanced features.
Tell me what plugin you’d go with and why in the comments below. Make sure to tell me if there are good options I missed.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase by following any of the affiliate links, I’ll get a small commission without any extra cost to you.