WordPress 3.7 is named Basie, after Count Basie, the amazing jazz pianist. You may not notice big changes, but certainly this release features some of the most important architectural updates that WordPress guys have ever made to date. Here are the biggest features:
- Updates while you sleep: With WordPress 3.7, you don’t have to lift a finger to apply maintenance and security updates. Most sites are now able to automatically apply these updates in the background. The update process also has been made even more reliable and secure, with dozens of new checks and safeguards. (failure rate of zero!)
- Stronger password recommendations: Your password is your site’s first line of defense. It’s best to create passwords that are complex, long, and unique. To that end, our password meter has been updated in WordPress 3.7 to recognize common mistakes that can weaken your password: dates, names, keyboard patterns (123456789), and even pop culture references.
- Better global support: Localized versions of WordPress will receive faster and more complete translations. WordPress 3.7 adds support for automatically installing the right language files and keeping them up to date, a boon for the many millions who use WordPress in a language other than English.
- WordPress 3.7
- What’s new in WordPress 3.7
- WordPress Now Updates Itself
- Automated Upgrade Protection and WordPress 3.7 (WPEngine)
You can learn more about WordPress 3.7 from its dedicated page here 3.7 release.