It’s well known that page loading time is an important part of user experience. Google pays a lot of attention to website page load speed and consider it an important factor when it comes to search engine rankings.
So, fast loading sites will most likely to rank higher in search engines, gets more visits (more returning satisfied visitors), and have a higher conversion rates than slower sites.
Impact of Images on Page Loading Time
Images are responsible for big percentage of page loading time. One great way to reduce page loading time is to reduce size of image files on the page.
Optimus plugin is made for this job.
Optimus targets a lossless compression of media uploaded to WordPress while focusing on protecting your data, it slims down the original image and all preview images of the original uploaded image.
The Optimus plugin is free of charge, it can be downloaded from WordPress repository. however, the free version is limited to the essential features.
Essential features of the plugin:
- Reduction of file size with no change in image quality
- Automatic optimization of original and preview images
- Optional: no removal of EXIF and IPTC files
- Quick image loading thanks to progressive compression
- Compatible with WordPress Multisite and WooComerce
- Several years of experience in the area of image optimization
- Minimization of traffic thanks to smaller images
- No source code and template changes necessary whatsoever
- Increased PageSpeed score thanks to reduced file sizes
- For SEO & readers: improved page loading times
- Support of WordPress Mobile Apps and Windows Live Writer
- Software developed in Switzerland and hosted in Germany
- Continued development & updates
Optimus Bulk Optimizer
This is a cool feature in the plugin to allow you bulk optimize images on your website with one-click. You can find this feature under the Tools menu in your WordPress dashboard (Tools > Optimize all images).
Once you click on the “Optimize all images” button, the plugin will start to automatically optimize images and show you the process.
You mostly will need to optimize all images on your website when you first install the plugin, after that, all new images that you upload latter on will get optimized automatically whenever you upload it via the WordPress media uploader.
Media Library List Page
In the Media Library list page, a new Optimus column will show. The percent value in the circle displays the achieved optimization rate of each image.
Here are some other image optimization rates that may show:
Want more power and features?
The Optimus HQ (Premium) can handle several image formats, compress larger files and connects through HTTPS. More details on optimus.io site.
Once you get Optimus HQ, you will receive an activation key that you can use to get the premium features and be able to compress more image formats.
Optimus HQ PRO
The Optimus HQ PRO (Premium) license allows you to use the Optimus plugin on customer websites, this is very useful and will save you money if you develop websites for clients.