Rating and reviews became more important than ever when it’s about purchase decisions they make. So, I always feel the need for knowing more about the value of reviews, how consumers read reviews, and how their opinions and behavior are affected by the reviews they read.
So, since I’ve developed a Schema markup plugin for WordPress that has support for ratings and reviews, I try to educate myself and learn about reviews to be able to fulfill my customers’ needs and keep my plugin up to date.
I’ve decided to review a few WordPress rating and reviews plugins to see how they work and what those plugins are capable of. Practically, this is some kind of a study of my competitors! However, I think it won’t hurt if I share it along with my personal opinion, perhaps someone will find it useful.
Of course, I needed to make some criteria for my reviews, here it is…
- I won’t be reviewing any plugins with low rating.
- Plugins must have some sort of high active installation count (not less than 30,000 )
- My reviews will be based on functionality, integrability, and extensibility.
- I will review only 5 plugins.
- I will install and check every single plugin personally on a test WordPress website.
- I will compare those plugins to the WPRichSnippets.
So, let’s start by making a quick search in wordpress.org and see what comes up.
[table id=1 /]
Certainly, I’ve enjoyed this and got some useful ideas!