Good news from WordPress. A new version WordPress (3.5.2) went out yesterday, it has important security bugs fixes. Usually these updates doesn’t hurt your WordPress site, so you don’t have to wait. It’s actually recommended to update your site immediately.
And, just to let you know, I’ve already updated two of my sites including WPLeaders and FamousBloggers.net, everything went good. So, don’t hesitate, and do it now.
The security fixes included:
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts,.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails.